Friday, July 10, 2009

Brotherly Love

I am really loving how much Ryan and Dylan love each other and how they interact with each other. Whenever Dylan sees Ryan, he completely lights up and stares at him the whole time Ryan is in the room. Ryan too seems to be more interested in helping to take care of Dylan. Ryan has done a few funny things recently with regard to Dylan:

1. When Dylan cries, Ryan always tries to make him feel better. He always wants to hug him, even though his idea of hugging is pretty much laying on Dylan. Ryan always says "make him hold my hand" as he tries to wrap Dylan's fingers around his own. He loves to sing him songs and read him books and there have been times when I have left the room for seconds and come back to find Dylan completely covered in toys, books or trains.
As much as Ryan doesn't like to hear Dylan cry, he equally loves using it as an excuse to get out of trouble. Ryan will be getting in trouble and even though Dylan will be sleeping or sitting quietly, Ryan will interrupt me to say "Mommy, Dylan crying, he so sad, you go" - haha.
2. Ryan has nominated himself as the caretaker of all of Dylan's pacifiers announcing "Mommy, Dylan need his podifier" and "Here Dylan, eat it".

3. We went shopping a few weeks ago and I fed Dylan in the car before we drove home. As I was burping him, Ryan said "Mommy, I do that. Throw Dylan back here. I catch him. I need to pat him." Another time he said "Give me Dylan. I carry him over there. He need take nap"
4. At Aunt Erika's house, he got right in Dylan's face and said "Dylan, you trust me? You trust me?". I have no idea why he asked that and Erika and I were laughing too hard to bother asking.

5. Although Ryan is spoiled rotten and gets toys, books etc all of the time, he is VERY jealous of anything Dylan gets. Any time we put Dylan on his playmat, Ryan says he needs to lay down too. Almost every morning, he wants to sit in Dylan's papasan chair and tells me to move Dylan over. The funniest thing though was we got Dylan a teething ring recently and Ryan said he need it. We told him no, he couldn't have it because maybe Dylan was getting teeth and if his mouth hurt, the toy would help him feel better. Ryan thought about it for a minute and then said "ouch, my tooth hurts. Dylan, you share that"
I could go on and on with recent random stories but the point is, I love these boys and they love each other- they are too funny and crack me up everyday. I really need to be better at blogging so the 4 of you reading this can crack up at their antics everyday too.

6 comments:

aunt erika said...

I couldn't wait to look!! They are so cute and Richie and I had so much fun playing with them! We really miss having you guys around. I am sure they will have great stories and memories together just like you and I do! Come back soon!! xoxoxo

gamma said...

It is so nice to know that they will have each other forever - I am sure that they will be the best of friends. Ryan will surely take care of his little brother and I am sure his little brother will always be there for him! Gamma and Pappa missed them very very much when all of you went to Aunt Erikas and Uncle Richie xoxoxooxox

Anonymous said...

Jay and Nicole, you are great parents and have blessed us with 2 loving, adorable grandsons!!! Seeing their little faces always brings a big smile, and brightens the day.

Love You,

unlce michael said...

The 2nd bathtub picture is great. Dylan looks like he is cracking up laughing. Ryan is seriously the smartest/funniest kid in the world. Today he taught me how to play hop-scotch, and even knew the name of it.

Anonymous said...

That's because he played it at my house Michael!!

aunt erika said...

woops! Forgot to write aunt erika on that!!