To Grandma and Omi: While you both deserve separate entries, I am going to put you together for the sake of not getting too sappy - I hope that is ok. Words can't express how thankful the three of us are that we live so close to you both. We are fortunate that we can see you whenever we want and that you let us come visit often, even though it means we will wake you up very early and will make a mess of your house. I could write a book about all of the wonderful things you do for us but I could never thank you enough for all of the times you have babysat, listened to me cry about a boo boo, told me how happy Ryan makes you, for how happy you make Ryan.... You are the best mothers and the best grandmas and we love you so much.


To Elizabeth: We can't imagine our lives without you. I know that you consider Ryan to be like one of your boys and for that, we are so grateful. You take great care of him and us and we consider you to be part of our family. Thank you so much for all that you do for us and thank you for loving Ryan as much as you do.
(Elizabeth, we need to take a new picture of you with Ryan! this was taken a year ago)
To Aunt Carrie, who asks all of the time when is it her turn to babysit: We hope that you had a happy mother's day.
To Aunt Carrie, who asks all of the time when is it her turn to babysit: We hope that you had a happy mother's day.
To my wonderful mom friends: Your children are so lucky to have you as their moms. Thank you for all of the valuable advice you have given me and for listening to all of my worries and telling me that your kids do the same thing.
To any other moms that may read this: I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day and that someone let you know how much they appreciate you.
Finally, to Ryan, obviously not a mom, but the reason I have the privilege of being one: I love you so much. You make me laugh every day and make everything better with your amazing personality and cute little face (and hands, belly, legs, ....). I love that you just started calling me "mommy". I love the way you hug me and kiss me every morning when I go to work and that you walk me to the elevator to say bye. I love that you play with my hair when you are in bed with me (even though you are very rough and it hurts, haha). I love watching your excitement about things and helping you learn. I love that you are excited to see me every day when I meet you and Elizabeth. I love that on our walk home, you point out every bus, car, bike, motorcycle and dog we pass - words and sound effects included. Most of all, I love that I still have a lifetime left of loving things about you. You are a great little boy and I am so lucky that I get to be your mommy. I love you!


No comments:
Post a Comment