Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yankees vs. Mariners (and Ryan vs. the Concession Stand)

The weather in New York was beautiful this weekend so we decided to take Ryan to the Yankees game with us on Sunday. I took him once last year and he was pretty good about sitting still and even took a nap for half of the game. Not this time. While I am glad that we took him, Ryan did not want to sit still, did not care AT ALL about the game, and was only interested in eating. When I say that Ryan literally ate throughout the whole game, I don't think that I am exaggerating that much. First, he ate some fruit salad that I brought with us. Then he ate some pretzel:

After that, he had some peanuts (which he had never eaten before) and if we let him, I think that he would have eaten the whole bag, shells and all. Then he ate some apples which he gave 2"Thumbs up":
Next, he ate some potato chips and after that, we went for a walk, mainly because it was only the 3rd inning at this point and I was concerned that we/the stadium would eventually run out of snacks for Ryan. We made friends with a nice lady at the concession stand and went there about 5 times over the next three innings to get Ryan ice (he now pronounces it eyesh). He loves ice!
During the game, Ryan also ate some ice cream, which I had to help him finish, a polly-o string cheese, and some fruit snacks. At least he got some exercise though when he participated in the wave with Uncle Michael and Jasmine:

Overall, it was a great day. They Yankees were losing 5-2 until the 8th inning when they scored 4 runs. Final Score: Yankees 6, Mariners 5, just as Jasmine predicted.


No comments: