Monday, May 5, 2008

And with the 6th pick of the draft...

the NY Jets pick Vernon Gholston! We decided to have a draft day barbeque this year (4/26/08) so that we could all be together and cheer for the Jets picks or bang our heads together and wonder what the Jets were thinking.
We all wore our gear with pride and even tried to teach Ryan the J-E-T-S cheer (he is starting to get it and should have it down by pre-season). Everyone who knows my family knows how much we love the Jets. Friends of ours have asked Jay and I what we would do if Ryan came home one day and said he didn't want to be a Jets fan and I really can't imagine it. I hope that he loves football and the Jets as much as we do and clearly we are already "making" him be a Jets fan - he has worn Jets gear every Sunday of football season for the past 2 years and was wrapped in a Jets blanket the day after he was born while we watched the game (not a good one I might add) from my hospital room. I even submitted Ryan's picture to the Jets and he won a photo contest in February of 2006.

I really hope that the Jets will be better during Ryan's childhood than they were during mine, but so far it is not looking good. I can just hear Ryan now saying "Mom, why did you make me be a Jets fan?" the same way I asked my dad many times over the years.
After the bbq, we took the train back to the city and as I have previously mentioned, Ryan LOVES trains. He has a bunch of Thomas the Tank Engine trains and videos and loves a show on Playhouse Disney called Choo Choo Soul. Ryan screams "Choo Choo" every time we are near the subway, any time he sees a picture of Thomas, and goes really crazy when we get a chance to ride the train. He was so good on the train ride this time and he really loved looking out the window - he was beyond excited when another train passed us and was yelling choo choo so loud, I think that the other train's passengers heard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute picture! I want to kiss his cheeks! Look at those chubby hands.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are great!! Hardcore evidence that Jasmine is really a Jets fan also!!! Good work Nicole.

Anonymous said...

the train is going in the wrong direction - I want you to come to grandpa and grandma's house xoxox

Anonymous said...

with all those beautiful people in the Jet outfits - maybe the Jets will have some hope this season! Go J-E-T-S!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jasmine, haven't we taught you about peer pressure!!! Girl, where is your Giants jersey!! Ryan does look adorable though.